jueves, febrero 12

Pro-Dottie Blog

Four be the things I am wiser to know:
Idleness, sorrow, a friend, and a foe.

Four be the things I’d been better without:
Love, curiosity, freckles, and doubt.

Three be the things I shall never attain:
Envy, content, and sufficient champagne.

Three be the things I shall have till I die:
Laughter and hope and a sock in the eye.

An author every woman should read: Dorothy Parker. The wittiest woman ever, te digo. Como si me estuviera leyendo el pensamiento, esta mina es muy grosa. Hoy leía tentada A telephone call en el tren Please God, let him telephone me now. Dear God, let him call me now. I won't ask anything else of You, truly I won't. It isn't much to ask. It would be so little to You, God, such little, little thing. Only let him telephone now. Please God. Please, please, please.

(...)

Ah, don't let my prayer seem too little to You, God. You sit up there, so white and old, with all the angels about You and the stars slipping by. And I come to You with a prayer about a telephone call. Ah, don't laugh, God. You see, You don't know how it feels. You're so safe, there on Your throne, with the blue swirling under You. Nothing can touch You; no one can twist Your heart in his hands. This is suffering, God, this is bad, bad suffering. Won't You help me? For Your Son's sake, help me. You said You would do whatever was asked of You in His name. Oh, God, in the name of Thine only beloved Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord, let him telephone me now.

(...)

Are You punishing me, God, because I've been bad? Are You angry with me because I did that? Oh, but, God, there are so many bad people --You could not be hard only on me. And it wasn't very bad; it couldn't have been bad. We didn't hurt anybody, God. Things are only bad when they hurt people. We didn't hurt one single soul; You know that. You know it wasn't bad, don't You, God? So won't You let him telephone me now?

I rest my case.

Este blog es pro Dottie.

1 comentario:

Harpo dijo...

Si escribieras algunas de tus cosas en ingles no estarías tan lejos a veces. poster.
igual grosa dottie.