lunes, diciembre 29

Mail me whatever

Hola My Frida,

I had a very quiet XMAS. Xmas is for families and when you are far from your family, you have to pass it alone. I got drunk and enjoyed myself listening to music (fantasizing I was a rock star), reading (but with blurry eyes), and in general, celebrating another day of life (which becomes a gift when you get older).

Sweet bread in the U.S. is what you call mollejas (thymus gland in the neck) of pig, sheep or cow. We call your "sweetbread" "fruitcake". I love mollejas. But they have to be cooked just right with lots of lemon and well done. I do not cake for fruitcake though.

In different times in my life, I had a huge aquarium both fresh water and salt water so I am familiar with fish. In fact, I am much sought after for fishing. I am great putting the bait on the hook (the worms, shrimp, or whatever else will attract the fish to bite the hook). You could say I am a master at baiting the hooks (a Master Baitor).

I prefer a chanchito to a turtle. My daughter had a pet chanchito she brought home from university. I loved that chanchito but my ex hated that chanchito.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... that Roald (es un Norwega nacido en Wales y como todos de esa area, es marica). Murio sabes?

I like Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat and Oh, The Places You Will Go...

Besitos,

George

***

Hey-Ho Georgie guy,

I don't like sweetbread that much, then. I'd rather eat blood sausage. Thymus gland sounds and tastes like hell. Please lets not talk about it.

I'll skip that line on your Master, but I have to admit that it made me laugh. It's a compliment.

A friend of mine had a little pig. She walked it in the street and those things, until her roommate begged her to make something about it. I guess the tough part was sharing the bathtub with a pig. I think she was right (did I mention they lived in a three-room apartment?).

Roald Dahl is one of my favs, and he was straight. The fact that Prince Charles doesn't seem to be so makes no rule at all.

Did you try Esio Trot backwards? That's the kind of things I like from Dahl.

Gentle waves,

C

PS. I ran out of snickers.

No hay comentarios: